I JUST HAD AN ACCIDENT, WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? There are several steps you should take after the accident to protect your possible claim for personal injury.
- Police Report.
- If a police officer came to the scene of the accident, try to get his or her name and badge number. If the police didn’t come to the scene of the accident, you may have to go to the police station to request a copy of the police report, or file a report there depending on the type of accident. You will want a copy of the police report as this information can be useful in your case.
- Get all the information and details.
- Make sure to get the insurance information for all of the other parties involved. Write down all names and contact information for anyone who was involved with or witnessed your accident. Draw a diagram and/or write a detailed description of the accident including time and where each witness or involved person was located in relation to the accident. If accident was in a car, make sure to include which lane and direction you were traveling, as well as the direction and lane of any other vehicles involved and if possible, what speeds you believe each vehicle were going.
- See a doctor.
- Even if you don’t believe you’ve been injured, it’s important to visit your doctor. Some injuries don’t show up right away and take time to surface, so getting a doctor’s medical opinion is important.
- Contact OC Trial Lawyers.
- Contact information will be made available soon!
DO I NEED AN ATTORNEY?
- Filing an injury claim can be complicated and time consuming, especially when the insurance companies refuse to pay you the money you’re entitled to. You don’t have to face the insurance company alone. Orange County Trial Lawyers personal injury lawyers will help you through the legal process by talking to the insurance adjusters, helping you fill out any paperwork and fighting for your rights to compensation for your injuries.
CAN I AFFORD HELP FROM A LAWYER?
- Yes. You can afford a lawyer who cares. OC Trial Lawyers has a No Fee Guarantee, which means you don’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case!
HOW MUCH MONEY IS MY CASE WORTH?
- Each case is different. For this reason, we can’t determine the worth of your claim until we’ve fully investigated the facts and details of your accident. We need to know how your injuries occurred, who was involved and responsible for the accident, what injuries you suffered and what medical expenses and hardships, as a result of the accident, you incurred.
WILL I HAVE TO GO TO COURT?
- Not every case goes to court. Your case could be settled outside of court if the insurance company offers you a fair settlement and you decide to take the offer. If we are unable to negotiate a fair settlement, it could be in your best interest to go to court. All Lawyers at Orange County Trial Lawyers have jury trial experience and we’re comfortable fighting for our clients in the courtroom.
HOW LONG IS THE LEGAL PROCESS?
- The length of time it takes to finish your case is affected by a number of factors. Some of these factors include the time it takes to get your medical records from your various doctors, the time it takes for you to recover from your injuries, and how long it takes to negotiate your claim with the insurance company.
SHOULD I TALK TO AN INSURANCE ADJUSTOR?
- You should always consult your lawyer BEFORE speaking to an insurance adjuster. The insurance adjuster is looking out for the best interest of the insurance company, not you. Even if they are nice, they are still not your friend. You don’t have to give the adjuster a recorded statement, and you don’t have to take the first settlement offer the insurance company gives you.
Orange County Trial Lawyers Personal Injury Lawyers will always take the time to get to know you and learn about your situation. We’ll listen to you about your case, plan a solution and then explain how we’re going to fight for you every step of the way. We always put our clients’ needs ahead of all else!